Tuesday, March 19, 2013

mmmm... why do you smell like the beach??

Hello there, as I was sitting here in snowy cold MN, I thought to myself I need to smell like the beach today.  I know I wrote this in a past blog, but just in case you are new to my blog I'm obsessed with yummy smelling everything! Lotions, perfumes, candles, essential oils, etc. if it smells yummy I'm obsessed.  So I thought I would step away from the make up side today and write about how to smell like the beach.  I now scented stuff can smell different on everyone because of our body chemistry, but I will share what smells like the beach on me and you can try it if you like.:)


 (above picture shown is Victoria Secret Pink Beach line.  I love these! Total beach smell! One is very coconut mixed with beach, one is more a Hawaiian flower with beach, and one is a dewberry mixed with ocean breeze scent.  I believe they are discontinued but you may be able to find online, just be cautious with buying a scented product that is discontinued as they do expire.)



Lotions:Treehut Hawaiian Kukoi lotion and body scrub-mmmmmm so good used it today!!!! Body Shop coconut( I also love the coconut milk body lotion spray), Bath and Body works coconut pineapple-MY FAV! sad to say I think its discontinued unless they bring it back for summer, Bobbi Brown beach lotion- this is a little spendy for a lotion, but it literally smells like the beach, there is also a beach perfume.  I don't use this one anymore as I have found mixing my own coconut, pineapple, or ocean clean smelling lotion with a perfume makes a more unique "beachy" smell. For lotion I would say play around find a scent that fits you that you think smells like the beach.  Most coconut or pineapple ones are good to find as they will mix with your perfume and give you that yummy beach and suntan lotion smell.  Bath and Body works Malibu Heat- love this it smells like coconut, fruity, with a soft beachy background.

Shower Gels:  The one above is one of my favs right now.  Its Softsoap Citrus Splash and Berry Fusion- it smells like fruit and water, not super beachy but its very clean fruity with a touch of water scent, Philosophy Coconut Frosting- Philosophy actually makes a few beach smelling shower gels and lotions if you look online, Honestly I switch my shower gels all the time so to list all of them that I love that smell "beachy" would take a while.  I would suggest just looking for coconut, pineapple, Hawaiian floral, sea salt, or watery smells.

Perfumes: Escada Into the blue- let me start off by saying this is discontinued and it was my all time favorite perfume! It was my signature scent....ugh so bummed:( but this perfume was a fruity mix with the ultimate aquatic beach smell, Versace Bright Crystal- a very clean scent but mixed with a warmer scented lotion like coconut or pineapple gives a beach smell, Davidoff Cool Water- I no longer wear this as everyone and their mom seems to have it but a great water scent, Armani Aqua Di Gio- another scent from my past smells very aquatic with a little flowers, they have a new one called Armani Aqua Di Gioia, I love this but it mixes more like a alcohol smell on my skin so I didn't end up buying it, but give it a try because I love the way it smelled in the bottle, Eternity Aqua- new scent buy Eternity that smells very aquatic.

**There's so many combos I could go on for hours so I just wanted to mention a few, its all about finding what mixes well with your chemistry and trying different combos to get the exact scent you want.  I love the smell of the yummy banana boat and Hawaiian tropic sunscreens but I can only wear those in the summer when I'm outside so I just look for different ways to recreate that scent.   If you have any questions or want to know more scents on this or want help recreating a "scent" you love please let me know.  Also if you know any "beachy" smelling products leave a comment I would love to hear about them.  The same goes with hair products and candles pick out the Coconut, pineapple, watery smelling scents on these products to get the full effect.  I'm one that when I want to smell like beach I use everything from my soap to my lotion to my perfume to my shampoos and conditioners to layer it and have the scent last longer, same goes when I want to smell like candy( which is a whole other blog I will do sometime).  Thank you again for reading and if you want to subscribe to my blog there is ways on my page to subscribe by email, follow me on pinterest, my google+, or by blogger.  Have a great day!!!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Linsey thanks so much for your great ideas! I used to have a favorite product... it was called Beach Smells, and it was a little spray perfume made by a company called Smell This. I found it in a Fred Meyer store (not sure if you have that where you live.) But I LOVED it... had kind of a Coppertone scent, and because I spent my childhood going to the beach every weekend, it reminded me of happy times. I can't seem to find it anywhere, so I don't think it exists anymore. I've heard that Bobbi Brown's Beach perfume is similar, but it's waaay too expensive. Your ideas are great, so thank you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for your comment! Yes I love beach smelling stuff so much, it just brings back memories:) that's a big reason I love scent so much. The way it makes me feel and the memories it has. Thanks again for the comment:0)

      Delete