Friday, March 15, 2013

A little about me and why I started this blog..

I'm doing things backwards.  I should've started my blog with a little about me, but I was too excited to start talking products so I jumped ahead.  So I will try to explain why I started this and a little about me without dragging the story on. 

I am currently a CMA at a Vein/Cosmetic surgery clinic.  Before I went to school to become a CMA I was an esthetician.  I mainly went to esthetician school to just have that license behind me while I was a freelance make up artist.  I worked for MAC, Philosophy and Benefit, and then freelanced for Lancome and a line called Tony and Tinas( no not the play).  To me make up has been my passion since I was about 14yrs old.  I was the girl in middle school trying to perfect the "cat eye" look after watching the movie Cry Baby.  I think some thought it was cool that I wore my eyeliner like that and some just thought I was a freak.  The cat eye look wasn't really in when I was 14yrs old so I was taking a risk.  But since then its been my signature look.  When I turned 18 I started having people ask me if I did makeup for proms or weddings, and thats really how I got into free lancing and it just took off from that point.  You might ask why did you go back to school for medical.  I have a passion for both.  I love helping people and I think that is why I love both fields.  In different ways I'm helping people, taking care of someone, and making them feel better.  I started this blog due to a few people telling me to start a blog with all my tips with make up and products.  I had to really think about it since I am NOT a writer what so ever, so I apologize in advance  for poor grammar, and if my sentences don't make sense. But I agreed with them that I love to talk about products, share my  knowledge and maybe along the way learn new tips also.  One thing that I really love almost more then makeup and yes I admit am obsessed with is yummy scents!!  I have this thing I  love to do with perfumes and lotions to make a unique scent and thats combine certain scents to make a particular scent for instance, if I want to smell like a lemon cream pie, I will mix vanilla lotion with a lemon perfume, or a beach scent I will mix maybe pineapple or cococnut scent with a aquatic perfume, same with making strawberry shortcake, or candy inspired etc..... I could talk on this subject for hours since the combos are endless.  I love to come up with things for friends if they are trying to smell like something.  I usually can find a lotion or body splash to mix with a perfume to make it what they want.....hmmmm are you weirded out yet?? ;) I guess to me scent is like a form of therapy, you  know if you go on a vacation and smell a amazing scent that memory is linked with that scent. I just realized I started rambling on this, as you can see I'm passionate about it.  I will stop with the rambling on this and just get to blogging since thats why I'm here.  Let me say this please feel free to ask me as many questions as you like.  I love to talk about this stuff and would love to answer any questions and would love any tips you have or if you are obsessed with a product let me know I love hearing about it! Since I'm new to this it may take me a bit to get the hang of this and also I will try to get some "how to" videos up soon.... not sure I'm excited to talk on a video but my bff told me I needed to show people in person different makeup tricks.  So I will leave it at that and start blogging on tips and products and hope you enjoy my blog:)

No comments:

Post a Comment