Thursday, May 2, 2013

Soothing Vanilla Dreams







Hello!  Today I am writing about some relaxing and comforting products that I really love.  If you like soft and calming scents I am sure you would love all these products I will be writing about.  So lets start with the first product :)

The first product is Ahava Dead Sea Vanilla bath salts.  This bath salt has a very soft calming vanilla scent.  I honestly feel super relaxed after taking a bath in this and I love the way it makes my bath smell!  It also leave a nice soft vanilla scent on my body after the bath.

The next product is one of my favorite candles.  Natures Wick Vanilla Dolce candle.  This is a relaxing scent and the best part of these candles is the wic.  The wic is made from wood and it crackles like a fireplace burning.

This next one is Nivea Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss Lip Butter.  This smells good enough to eat and leaves your lips soft and glossy.  I use it at night right before bed so I can have soothing vanilla scented lips while I fall asleep.

The last product tonight is Trader Joes Organic Ginger Pear White Tea.  This is my favorite tea right now!!  I can drink this tea all day long.  The smell of the tea is AMAZING!!  I found out about this tea a few weeks ago when I was working at the clinic one day.  I had a very upset stomach and had a very long day of surgeries ahead of me.  I drank a few cups of this and I swear it made my stomach better.  I now drink this almost every day because its so flavorful and light and there is zero bitterness to the tea.  I definitely give this tea 5 stars!!!!


*** So last I thought I would add a little recipe I just made this week that I found from Pinterest.  This is not my own recipe like I said this is a pinterest recipe.  I made these and put some in my coffee, and chai tea.  They are sooooooo good!!!  






Ingredients
  • 2 c. almond or refrigerated coconut milk
  • 1/3 c. granulated sugar
  • 1 vanilla bean
  • 1 tsp. vanilla (optional--add for more intense vanilla flavor)
Instructions
  1. Combine almond milk and sugar in a large saucepan. Slice open vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape insides into saucepan, then place empty vanilla bean into mixture. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking to break up clumps of vanilla. Once mixture has come to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes more, whisking occasionally.
  2. Allow vanilla mixture to come to room temperature. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl with a spout, then pour mixture into ice cube trays. Freeze until completely solid, 3-4 hours (depending on the temperature of your freezer and size of the cubes). Serve with iced coffee, tea, or other beverages.






No comments:

Post a Comment