Friday, April 12, 2013

Sweet Glow

Hello! So sorry it's been a few days since I wrote in my blog.  I had a crazy 3 day rotation with work.  I apologize if I ramble in this since I am going on a few hours of sleep in the past 3 days.  First I wanted to mention one of my many favorite lotions. This lotion is from a line called C.Booth.  This line is has some amazing products that are very reasonably priced.  This is called Apricot Oil Firming Body Lotion.  This smells like Smarties candy!  If you like smelling sweet like candy you will love this lotion!  It really moisturizes, and the scent lasts a few hours.  I like to layer this scent after using a sweet, candy, fruity body wash and with one of my sweet smelling perfumes.  Its a great spring/summer lotion.

Next is two bronzers from the line Benefit.  These two are my favorite!  First is Hoola which is a perfect tan.  There is no shimmer in this so it can look very natural.  You barely need to use any since its very pigmented.  If you are fair like me I suggest tapping the excess off the brush then very lightly brush it on skin.  The second is Dallas which is an amazing cool toned  bronzer.  It has a slight shimmer but still very natural.  This is a perfect bronzer for fair skin. It has a very faint rosy tint that really adds the natural sun kissed glow. If you are looking for that perfect glow for summer I would suggest trying one of these bronzers.  One added bonus is these have a nice smell to them also.

Last today is a product I can't get enough of!  Benefit Watts up!  This is a highlighting stick that gives the perfect glow to the cheeks and any areas of face you want to highlight.  I love that when I put this on in the morning it literally lasts all day until I wash my face at night.  You don't need very much of this so this stick lasts a VERY long time!  Benefit has so many products I could rave about.  They have such a great line with fun names to all their products. 

Thank you for reading today!  Let me now if you have any questions or if you have tried any of these and love them or what products you are loving right now! :0)



13 comments:

  1. Which of the two bronzers is your favorite? Are they both for fair skin only or can they be used for both? I'm in the market for a new all year round bronzer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy:) they both can be used on fair skin. I have them both. The difference in them is hoola is a little darker and has no shimmer. The Dallas has a very faint shimmer glow to it and a little bit of a rose tint to it. For me if I had to pick between the two I would pick the Dallas as my top favorite. There is one other bronzer I haven't wrote my review on and that's the brand Nars Laguna. This is a bronzer that is a perfect cool toned bronzer. Zero orange to it. The reason I love Dallas and hoola is there is zero orange to them also. So for very fair skin I would say the Dallas. It gives the perfect bronze glow to your face:). Let me know if you have anymore questions.

      Delete
  2. Thank you :) are they only good for fair skin? In the summer my skin can be fairly dark. Would that still work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they are not just for fair skin. They lol great with already tan skin. I would suggest using the hoola on already tan skin since its a bit darker:)

      Delete
  3. Thank you Linsey!! Do you put it on over your powder and under you blush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I put my bronzer on and then my blush just on the apples of my cheeks. I put a highlighter like the benefit watts up I wrote about very lightly over my cheek bones to make my skin glow.

      Delete
  4. But you put the bronzer all over, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't I do contouring. I put bronzer just below my cheekbones and follow it up a little on my temples and then a little on jaw line. If you look up cheek contouring or contouring with bronzer there should be some tutorials to explain better. One of these days I'm thinking of starting tutorial videos and posting them. But I only do contouring with my bronzer then put my blush just on apples of cheeks and highlight a bit over that.

      Delete
  5. Yes, you should do tutorials :) this is my current bronzer: Physicians formula multi colored bronzer. What are your thoughts on this one verses the hoola or Dallas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked up the physicians formula bronzer you use. To be honest I've never tried it, but I have used their youthful glow powder and liked it! I think what I notice is different with the hoola and Dallas is just their unique color tones. I've used so many bronzer a and always felt either I had to cake it on to get a bronzed look or it made me orange. These two are so neutral tones that I never feel orange, and I barely need to use much so it lasts FOREVER!!:). Also the brush that comes inside is so cute and perfect for contouring! Do you live by an ULTA or sephora? To be able to go try these out?

      Delete
  6. Yep, now I just need to decide which one to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you try one let me m ow which one you liked best!:) Also how is the cleanser and moisturizer going?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far so good :) I haven't noticed much of a difference yet.

    ReplyDelete